Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1st week of Pre-Nursery

Caden is finally attending school. This is a milestone that Mummy has been waiting for. After the 1st week of 2-day orientation, the 2nd week of January 2011 is his official pre-nursery, i.e. without Mummy tagging along.
Day 1 - he kept holding onto my hands. Struggled when the teacher wanted to hold his hands. I couldn't bear to let go. Surprisingly, only 3 boys cried. I followed him till they went into the class. Could hear him cry when the door closed and the teacher shut me off. When I picked him up after class, he looked happily sitting on Mrs Lee, the principal's lap. The teachers told me that he was her shadow for the day. : ) Everyone asked him if he cried in school when they came back from work. By the time Xiao-gu came back at nite, he was quick to respond even before she asked - "I din cry!" Haa...
Happily enjoying the grapes that Mummy brought for him. When I asked if he'd like to go to school again, he said YES!

Day 2 - Again, he cried a little when Mummy left him. Dunno why, but more than half of the class cried today. Contagious? Or, they've awaken after the 1st day?


When we picked him, he told Daddy, "I cried a little bit." : 0
Day 3 - It was PE attire day. They played at the playground before heading to the classroom. As he insisted that Mummy followed, I tagged along and took some photos of him.
Another happy boy when we fetched him

Day 4 - Not sure if he's mentally or physically tired. By 1plus each day, he'll be very tired. However, on Thursday, jie-jie & gor-gor refused to take their afternoon nap, and he also din wan to. Let him be... but he couldn't take it and fell asleep on the sofa!


Day 5 -He teared when Mummy wanted to leave. The teachers said that he's good cos he'd only cry a little but settle down very quickly after I left.
Looks so happy when Mummy picks him up because...
Enjoying the honey water which he requested Mummy to bring each day after his school.

I have to give special thanks to his principal, Mrs Lee, for taking care of him. She'll specially hold him each day, and bringing him to see jie-jie or gor-gor so that he's willing to let me go home each day. Without the special attention, he may not be able to settle down so well.

No comments: