Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pet Dog

A pet dog for the family? No way!!! Jus on Sunday afternoon, Brandon said to Mummy me.

B: Mummy, I'm a good boy. I can help take care of Caden now. Can you buy for me a pet? I want a pet dog.
M: Orr.... (ignoring his request, of course)

In the evening, while the kids & Mummy were watching cartoon in the living room, Mummy me noticed something moving past the sofa. I ignored it, assuming it was a ball rolling past. In the next minute, I screamed. "Dog!!!" A schnauzer appeared rite in front of our eyes. Caden was sitting next to me. Brandon who was in front of me jumped up onto the sofa and hid behind me. Alicia tripped while trying to run away from the dog. She was screaming and crying badly. I quickly carried her. That dog still dared to come near me and stood up to sniff me! It mus have wiggled his way into our house from the gate. Can u imagine how small it mus be to be able to squeeze in thru the squares?

Xiao-gu who was watching TV at the dining area, quickly opened the gate guiding it to go out. If refused to, continuing to come closer to the kids n me. We were scared stiff! She hurriedly carried it out. We've never seen the dog before. Worried that it may get knocked down by passing vehicles, we tried to ring the doorbell next door. Indeed, it belonged to the newly moved in ang-moh family.

After pacifying Alicia, I asked the children why they were so scared of the dog. They've always been friendly to dogs walking past us, especially Caden. Alicia replied that she was "shocked". While Brandon jus smiled... how to have a pet dog like that?

After xiao-gu narrated the story to the family when they came back, their response: Mummy me was the most afraid. My screams mus have scared the children off! : p

No comments: