Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Influenza A

Mummy me brought Alicia to Dr Ong this morning. We did a blood test and was told that her white blood cells count were low. There's virus, definitely. It could mean dengue. I was asking, how could it be when she din even have a single mosquito bite. Dr Ong suspects it could be Influenza A, so asked her to do a nasal swat. The results came out positive! Alamak!!! "How?", "Why?", "What?", "When?", "Where?"... all these came to my mind. I was worried sick.

Dr Ong assured me that there's no cause for concern. Influenza A is a common flu and it doesn't equate to H1N1. She's treated with Tamiflu and need not be warded. None of us who had been in contact with her needs to be quarantined too. I quickly asked for 2 masks to cover our mouths up. I don't want to be cursed that I'm socially irresponsible.

Still not convinced, I called up Dr Leong's mobile (cos it's lunch time). So paiseh.. but jus had to ask him few questions. He also assured me that it's common flu. He asked me to go over with the maid, who has been having fever, cough & difficulty breathing, for the past few days.

Brought maid Sri over to see Dr Leong in the afternoon, her 2nd visit within a week, and he confirmed that it ain't Influenza A (H1N1). Phew!!!

Now, hope that the review on Friday for Alicia is ok.

No comments: