Thursday, October 22, 2009

Skipping school

Alicia has been having this runny nose and cough with phlegm for more than a week. Self-medication din help. So, Mummy brought her to Dr Ong on Monday. Reached there about 11am and was horrified by the queue. I was given the appointment queue number, but still waited till 2+pm before I got to see him!! Faintz... Reason - Dr Ong was on leave last week for a Shanghai trip. Hence, many appointments have been pushed to this week. See doctor also can postpone one meh??? Luckily, Mummy was smart. Brought an activity book for Alicia to do while waiting. We popped over to United Square for lunch before heading home. 4pm! Took a long shower to "kill" the germs. So, no nap for her. Let her skip school on Tuesday to recover.

The boy beside her kept pestering to help her color and so on...

At Swensens... after her lunch, she walkd over to me and gave me a big hug, saying, "Mummy, I like you. Thank you for bringing me to eat spaghetti and ice-cream. I'm very happy."

No comments: